Short hair is all the rage, but styling it is enough to make you become enraged. Those edgy styles in magazines? You know, the ones that look flawless and simple? Those people rarely rolled out of bed that way. Short hair has a tendency to go flat unless you style it, or get it cut in a specific way. With summer at our doorstep, the last thing anyone wants is to spend hours in front of the mirror, when they could be soaking in those delicious rays of sun. For all you short haired ladies out there, here are some simple styles that require an easy cut, or a palm full of gel.
1. A Softer Faux HawkA Softer Faux Hawk/via
The shaved sides give you edge, while the soft faux hawk adds an undeniably feminine feel to this look.
2. Soft and MessyThe Soft Messy Do/via
Incredibly elegant, this softer look gives you the volume you need!
3. Sultry and SweepingSultry and Sweeping/via
This simple look is the one we all strive for. A simple cut once every 4 weeks is all you need to maintain this style.
4. Edgy LiftEdgy Lift/via
A chic ramp like this takes a little time, but it’s worth it if you can pull it off.
5. Boy Short ConfidenceBoy Short Confidence/via
Compliment this look with some dazzling eye makeup!
6. Miley Cyrus Faux Hawk Hairstyle for Short HairMiley Cyrus Fauxhawk/via
She nails it, and so can you! A simple faux hawk is all you need to amp up your daily style.
7. The Berry SwoopThe Berry Swoop/via
A short hair icon, Halle Berry shows us how it’s done.
8. Elegant and Smooth: Pixie Haircut with LayersElegant and Smooth/via
It’s simple, smooth and perfect for any outing, formal or casual!
9. Sophisticated and CasualSophisticated and Casual/via
Another variation on the faux hawk that is work and play friendly!
10. Edgy Like GinnyEdgy Like Ginny/via
Ginnifer Goodwin sets the bar for edgy short cuts. This one is no exception.
11. Pretty and PurplePretty and Purple/via
Known for being bold, Kelly Osbourne shows us that being daring pays off!
12. Blunt EdgesBlunt Edges/via
Blunt edges create a unique look when it comes to spiking your hair. Give it a go and see what you think.
13. Feather SoftFeather Soft/via
Not all spiky hair needs to be bold and radical. This soft style works on any face.
14. Minimalistic StyleMinimalistic Style/via
Another great example of how simplicity can be equally beautiful and chic.
15. Grunge ChicGrunge Chic/via
Cake on that eyeliner and tousle up those locks to get this grungy look.
This soft look is almost an optical illusion. Stunning and chic, this is definitely a look to try.
17. Bold ColourBold Colour/via
For the risk takers among us, nothing says bold like a dash of colour.
18. The Classic CutThe Classic Cut/via
The haircut that started it all. If you don’t know where to start, you can always go back to the origins.
19. The Sharon StoneThe Sharon Stone/via
This cut is undeniably gorgeous, and you don’t have to be Sharon Stone to pull it off.
20. Symmetrical PerfectionSymmetrical Perfection/via
A dab of pastel colour and symmetrical cut is just the thing if you are looking to try something new.